Frequently Asked Questions:
- What kinds of things are cannabis topicals good for? Topicals are most popularly chosen for localized pain relief, muscle soreness, tension, and inflammation, but there is evidence that is beginning to show a widening spectrum of potential benefits, including skin conditions, cramps, and headaches. Most people tolerate topical cannabis preparations well. However, some people have allergic sensitivities, and it is recommended to try a small patch test, if this is a concern.
- Will topicals make me feel high? Humble Flower Co topicals are non-psychoactive and will not get you high. With topical creams, lotions, and oils, the cannabinoids can’t breach the bloodstream; they only penetrate to the system of CB2 receptors.
- How do cannabis topicals work? Topicals work by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, which is a large network of unique receptors distributed throughout the body. These receptors are involved in regulating many diverse functions, including digestion, pain, motor function, bone growth, and immune response. There are a large number of cannabinoid receptors in the skin, and phytocannabinoids (plant-based cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD) are absorbed directly through the skin, binding to specific receptors called CB2 receptors. Topicals have been shown to provide an anti-inflammatory response in studies, providing pain relief and soothing for inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- If I use cannabis topicals, can I pass a drug test? Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee that any cannabis product is completely drug-test safe.
- Why do Humble Flower Co topicals have both CBD and THC? THC and CBD work synergistically---and together, they cover a broad range of types of pain, including not only joint and muscular pain, but also nerve pain.
- Do Humble Flower Co topicals smell like cannabis? No. You might notice a hint of cannabis smell in our products---but it is very faint. We use a potent cannabis extract to infuse our products, virtually eliminating residual cannabis smell. The therapeutic essential oil blends used in our products work beautifully with the cannabis to offer pleasant, wonderful-smelling topicals that can be used throughout the day.